newsreaders that work well with speakup

Dave Hunt wx1g at connact.com
Fri Dec 1 21:47:35 EST 2000

Using gnus, I'd think you'd get a lot of extra speech from emacs with
Speakup.  When running Zipspeak, I had good luck with both pine and tin.
Pine doesn't thread, have a kill file, score articles, or the like, but is
easy to use.  It can handle mail and news with embedded html, binary
content, etc.  Tin does the things you'd expect of a "power" news reader,
and is very fast!  In my Emacspeak days, I used vm and gnus for mail and
news, respectively.

--Dave--