Stupid kernel question

Brent Harding bharding at mail.ufw2.com
Tue Aug 29 22:02:57 EDT 2000

What's the deal of redhat and kernel any ways?
Does redhat's kernel compiling differ from debian's or slackware's? I may
soon be accessing a redhat site, so am wondering about some of these
differences, I'm lost with debian and rc.d files, how to make things right,
and no netconfig utility, if I use my base bootstrap to config network and
do no more, on an existing system, could that work?