Stupid kernel question

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.eu.org
Tue Aug 29 20:11:54 EDT 2000

make install assumes that you have a /vmlinuz and it assumes you want the
old kernel as /vmlinuz.old
It also assumes that your lilo.conf is set up this way. If you have more
kernels in your lilo image or more esoteric requirements you can do the stuff
by hand.

BTW I don't know if I agree with the copy it to system.map idea, in Debian we
have /boot/system.map-kernelversion and it is stated that /system.map overrides
/boot/system.map.kernelversion so be aware of that if procps breaks etc.

Regards, Kerry.