Stupid kernel question

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Tue Aug 29 16:20:11 EDT 2000

Very odd indeed. Was wondering, since they later say to copy
arch/i386/boot/system.map to /boot/system.map (using the cp and not cat,
exactly the way one would suppose the operation would be done)=). Well,
you'd *think* that the people who wrote the Slackware book, who also work
extensively (???) on the Slackware site and distro, would know there's such
a thing as cp. But in any case, that brings up another question, somewhat
related...is there any reason to not use make install and do that bit
manually? make install has always worked for me, but maybe I'm missing
something important?

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV
Email: davros at ycardz.com