Upgrading in RedHat and Debian?

Terry D. Cudney tcudney at home.com
Sun Aug 27 18:50:59 EDT 2000

Hi guys,

	This is to thank Geoff, Kirk and others who helped me with the Debian apt programs.

	It turned out that my original install of the base system was not complete, thus there were no man pages for apt, et al. I reinstalled and it's all working great, except that I have no speech yet under Debian, since the rescue disks on ftp.braille.uwo.ca are for Debian 2.1 and I think Kerry said that they won't work for installing Debian 2.2. I'll be compiling the Debian kernel w/ speakup and my own configuration drivers later today.

	Thanks again guys. Debian looks great. You're right Geoff, Debian's automatic update/upgrade over the net is a great step forward. .. much better than RPM's (IMHO)

--
	--terry

Name:	Terry D. Cudney
Phone:	(905)735-6127
E-mail:	terry at wasagacottage.com
WWW:	www.wasagacottage.com
Postal:	18 Colbeck Drive, WELLAND, ON L3C 5B5