wav output from mpg123

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Thu Aug 24 15:22:02 EDT 2000

Geoff -

If you use the -s switch in mpg123 to direct output to stdout, won't that
make a "raw" file instead of a "wav" file? I wonder if the absence of the
wav header is what is giving Brent's files fits in Windows?
I have not tried the -s switch yet, so I really do not know what it will
do. The trouble is, if you make a raw file that way, you no longer have
information about its sampling rate and sample size etc - except from the
mpg123 runtime display.

Chuck.

My web site is http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh
Winter will ask us what we did all summer.