RedHat on network

Geoff Shang gshang10 at scu.edu.au
Thu Aug 24 03:48:33 EDT 2000

Hi:

Firstly, you need to know where to get DNS information for your local
network.  You won't be able to use machine names for the machines on your
network until your machine knows where to find this information.

I am going to assume that you aren't running your own DNS server (even a
caching one), mainly because I don't remember how caching ones are set
up.  Edit /etc/resolv.conf.  You probably have a DNS server or 2 in there
already.  Find out from your network admin where your local DNS server is
located and add it in.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang10 at scu.edu.au>