CERT Advisory CA-2000-17 (fwd)

Terry D. Cudney tcudney at home.com
Wed Aug 23 06:08:04 EDT 2000

Hi guys,

	First, I want to say "Thanks" to all the helpful guys who replied to me offlist about mounting an iso CD-image file as if it were an actual cd.... Tommy, Kerry, Brian, Kirk, et al.

	I've run into another problem:
	    I need to recompile my kernel to include the module for the loop device.... not a problem, but, when I run lilo to set it up to boot the new kernel, I get this error message:

	egmentation fault (core dumped)

	I can't see anything wrong with the /etc/lilo.conf file. The /sbin/lilo binary has the proper byte size, this is Redhat 6.2 on a PII 333 mhz w/ 128 MB RAM (I wondered if there might be a problem with my RAM?)

	Anybody got any ideas?

--
		--terry

Name:	Terry D. Cudney
Phone:	(905)735-6127
E-mail:	terry at wasagacottage.com
WWW:	www.wasagacottage.com
Postal:	18 Colbeck Drive, WELLAND, ON L3C 5B5