Slashdot interview re: vorbis

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Mon Aug 21 11:06:34 EDT 2000

Hi Brent,
My lame is dated August 6, version 3.86. What I have found is that it
falls apart with sampling rates below 11025 samples per second - it
squeaks and groans when given an 8k wav file, whether it is 8 bit or 16
bit samples, but just raise the sampling rate to 11025 or even 16000 and 8
bit samples work just great. I am attaching a small recording using the
parameters I described below. See what y0ou think.

Chuck.