RedHat on network

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Mon Aug 21 09:06:04 EDT 2000

Without more detail, there we can't give much detail. But I would start
with checking TCP/IP connectivity.

Can you ping another workstation on the same subnet (use the ip address)?

Can you ping your own workstation?

If both of the above work, try pinging by name.

There are probably four settings all of which have to be correct to
operate in a typical NT environment. The IP address, the subnet mask, the
WINS servers, and the DNS servers.

If you can ping other stations fine, but not access files, the next place
to look is the SAMBA client. But start with the most basic first. If you
can't ping, you are not connected correctly.

--
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Seek simplicity -- and distrust it.