Slashdot interview re: vorbis

Geoff Shang gshang10 at scu.edu.au
Thu Aug 17 05:13:29 EDT 2000

Hi all:

About 4 or 5 weeks ago, Kirk got me interested in the new audio format
called OGG vorbis.  Yeah, strange name I know, but this looks really
exciting.  This is an opensource, GPL, patent-free codec that, in my
opinion, already beats MP3.  Anyway, the guy who's running the show was
interviewed by slashdot, and it's an interesting read.  If you can stick
with it through the initial technical details, it gets more readable.  You
can find it at:

I've been chasing this band-wagon for a month already, so feel free to fire
any questions you might have my way.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang10 at scu.edu.au>