talking lilo prompt?

Brent Harding bharding at mail.ufw2.com
Mon Aug 14 14:05:53 EDT 2000

How do I do it in debian? How do I do this, talking lilo? Mine just boots
to windows if I don't hit shift in time. It's not real bad, as I know when
to on this machine, but my laptop beeps like mad when I do something
similar holding f8 to get to dos to type the loadlin command, and it
doesn't like when I press f8 right after I hear the floppy check, it seems
to get to that point a little later, but when, I'm not sure. Is there a way
to have it make a sound when I can press the key to get the prompt?