a slightly off topic question.

Gorgotek Systems gorgotek at gte.net
Thu Apr 27 19:47:28 EDT 2000

The Tcpip stack your friend uses for DOS, will not work at all, once the
big
switch from Ipv4 to Ipv6 occurs on the Internet. Therefore its important
find a Tcpip stack for DOS that will be supported in the near future.
Also
you want to ask your friend what his application is, or what DOS broswer
he
will use. This is important because it seems that most DOS Tcpip stacks
are
programmed with hooks to integrate a specific DOS application/browser or
vice versa. If you know a Tcpip programmer your in good shape otherwise
you
will have rely on a commercial Tcpip stack that costs money and may only
work
with that vendors specific applications. The main issue is getting your
application or browser working with a Tcpip stack under DOS.

Some commercial sources are: "DrDos", "Web boy" or "webboy" that most
search
engines should be able to pull up via these keywords. Another source may
be
"FreeDos", "OpenDos" or some "Embedded Dos" products.

Greg Keto