speakup reflector

Gene Collins collins at gene3.cc.iastate.edu
Mon Apr 24 11:44:27 EDT 2000

Hi Chris.  You need the Speak Freely software, which you can download
from linux-speakup.org/pub/linux/goodies.  You can get either the Linux
source or the Windows binary.  You connect to the reflecter by
connecting to lwl.braille.uwo.ca:4074.

This assumes of course that you have a working microphone and sound
card.  If you are running Linux, you will also need a copy of the ALSA
sound drivers installed for your sound card for best performence.  You
can get the source for these at http://www.alsa-project.org/.  You'll
need the latest drivers, libraries and utilities for Linux.  Hope this helps.

Gene Collins