BrailleNote

RK rvkassen at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 19 14:59:53 EDT 2000

Kirk,
I had never really thought of this before, but it would be nice if there was
a device that was as small as the palm, but had a slot where you could plug
headphones in for sound.  Maybe someone has already thought of this before,
but I will still throw it out.  The other statement I will make is that the
devices that are accessible to the blind are usually larger than normal
electronic devices for sighted people.  For once, I would like to get hold
of a device that is just as functional as a normal pda, but had features
that made it easy for me to operate it.  For example, maybe making a
keyboard on the device that was just 7 small buttons that would allow the
blind person to type into the device as if they were typing into the bns
machine.  Maybe it would be slower, but you can't tell me that writing on
the pda is just as fast as typing.  Anyway, that is my two cents.

Best regards,
RK