Sound on command exit

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sat Apr 15 12:36:50 EDT 2000

Sebastian:

I like it! <grin>

So, if I hate plain old boring 1kHz beeps, I could use any .wav, .au,
.mp3, etc., right?

For example, I have a duel boot system that doesn't boot much anymore --
but that's another story. The point of the story I'm telling is that my
Windows files are on a partition on my system. So, I can issue a command,
or modify my PS with something like:

; aplay /win98/windows/media/asterisk.wav

Only problem seems to be that I'm not surpressing the copyright/authorship
info of aplay--and that's annoying.

Hmmm. For something really spooky, try:

; aplay /win98/windows/media/"The Microsoft Sound.wav"