Sound on command exit

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sat Apr 15 12:22:58 EDT 2000

Victor:

This is excellent. But how do we generalize this? What is the correct
syntax to set up our bash (or whatever) environment to automatically
append a '; $sound_command' to whatever command we might type?

I know we can easily customize with aliases. Is that the best solution? It
might be, because that way we could assign a particular sound for a
particular command.

Hmmm. And shouldn't we be able to somehow indicate the console involved
with a variable?

Were I come from, we call these kinds of sounds earcons, by the bye.