invalid block device still continues

Mike Gorse mgorse at WPI.EDU
Wed Apr 12 09:49:16 EDT 2000

You can also figure out what drive your kernel is assigning things by
using dmesg (which retrieves a copy of the kernel messages shown at boot
time).  Ie, dmesg |grep hdc gives me the following:

    ide1: BM-DMA at 0xf008-0xf00f, BIOS settings: hdc:pio, hdd:pio
hdc: CD-ROM 32X/AKU, ATAPI CDROM drive
hdc: ATAPI 20X CD-ROM drive, 128kB Cache

--Michael Gorse, WPI Cs '01 / ICQ:22583968 / http://www.wpi.edu/~mgorse/ --
     If you're an oister, then don't let your perl get away from you.