Help! I broke my sendmail

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Tue Apr 11 18:42:03 EDT 2000

Now I'm stuck! <grin>

I had a working sendmail until I forgot I was in Linux and pulled a floppy
too soon. Everything froze--all consoles--and Ctrl-Alt-Del did nothing. I
forced a reboot.

Everything came back -- after a fsck on /var by hand -- except sendmail
delivery. I can see the messages all neatly lined up in queu--but don't
know how to get sendmail to drop them in /var/spool/mail/janina. Looks
like it doesn't know me anymore.

Locally generated mail gets to the spool file fine -- like reports from
cron, messages from root, etc. Just nothing that's slurped in over pop3
goes any further than the sendmail queu -- and there are no errors in
/var/log/maillog -- just a neat report of mail sitting in a queu.

Outbound smtp is A-OK.

I've turned off the slurp straw--so any advice will actually reach
me. And, I'll be very grateful. So far, man, the sendmail.com pages, and
the howto's haven't given me the magic answer. All advice will be much
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Information Systems Research & Development

janina at afb.net