locked mailbox

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Mon Apr 3 19:12:11 EDT 2000

It's not hard to get into this fix. Usually, it happens to me whan I
forget I've got a Pine open somewhere, and launch it again in a second
console.

Fortunately, the cure is fairly easy and does not require a reboot -- so
you'll never lose that large ftp download ...

1.)	Log in as super user;

2.)	Run ps to get the process ID of open pine sessions. Do this once for
each open coinsole where pine is running for the same user;

3.) Use kill -9 PID to kill the each open Pine session, where PID is the
process ID of the open Pine session.

4.)	Restart Pine and continue doing mail.

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Information Systems Research & Development
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

janina at afb.net