locked mailbox

Sebastian Taralunga seba at tcx.ro
Mon Apr 3 14:10:14 EDT 2000

Hi Kirk,

I am not sure how can you use flock (which is a system call
if I remember right), but fuser definitely tells you what
process locks the file. Please make sure that you are using
the "fuser" command and not something else.

If this does not work, you can kill processes one by one
until you will find the culprit. Also you can try to unmount
the partition if mount lets you do so, or you can even make
a back-up copy of your mailbox file, an then remove the old
file and copy if back again making sure that you preserve
the right permisssions. What else... Let's see. try to
reboot the system, this should always work :-)

Yours'

Sebastian