Scottish pub story.

Kirk Reiser kirk at reisers.ca
Thu Apr 30 19:47:04 EDT 2009

Three world travelers:

As good as this is,' said the American, 'I still prefer the bars back home.
In New Yawk, there's a place called Yankees Galore. The landlord goes out
of his way for the locals. When you buy four drinks, he'll buy the fifth
drink.

'Well, Yank,' said the Englishman, 'At my local pub in London, the Red Lion,
the barman will buy your third drink after you buy the first two.'

'Ahhh, dat's nothin',' said the Scot. 'Back home in Glasgow, there's a
wee place called the McTavish Bar. The moment you set foot in the
place, they'll buy you a drink, then another, all the drinks you like,
actually. Then, when you've had enough drinks, they'll take you
upstairs and see thot you gets laid, all on the house!'

The Englishman and American immediately shout down the Scot's claims,
but he swears every word is true.

'Well,' said the Englishman, still suspicious. 'Did this actually
happen to you?'

'Not myself, personally, no,' admitted the Scot. 'But it did happen to
me sister quite a few times.'