Today's Funny

A. R. M. ali at cafe.sdc.uwo.ca
Mon Mar 18 23:25:24 EST 2002

As director of communications, I was asked to prepare a memo
reviewing our company's training programs and materials. In the
body of the memo in one of the sentences I mentioned the
"pedagogical approach" used by one of the training manuals.  The
day after I routed the memo to the executive committee, I was
called into the HR director's office and told that the executive
vice president wanted me out of the building by lunch. When I
asked why, I was told that she wouldn't stand for "perverts"
(pedophilia?) working in her company.  Finally, he showed me her
copy of the memo with the demand that I be fired-and the word
"pedagogical" circled in red.  The HR manager was fairly
reasonable, and once he looked the word up in his dictionary and
made a copy of the definition to send back to her, he told me not
to worry.  He would take care of it.  Two days later, a memo to
the entire staff came out directing us that no words which could
not be found in the local Sunday newspaper could be used in
company memos.

A month later, I resigned.  In accordance with
company policy, I created my resignation memo by pasting words
together from the Sunday paper.
(Taco Bell Corporation)